You must own a copy of version 1.x in order to take advantage of upgrade pricing.
interplex UE (2.x) has all of the features of interplex (1.x), plus these new features:
- New and improved user experience.
- Can support double byte character sets (such as Chinese).
- You can have multiple databases with many glossaries in each database.
- The databases can exist on a shared server so that multiple people can work in the same database.
- Each database consists of one file (that you choose where to put) - so it is easier to share entire databases if you choose to do so.
- Has check for updates (off of the Help menu) to ensure you keep your program up to date.
- You can import multiple Word documents at once (each document will go into a separate glossary).
- You can export multiple glossaries to Word (each glossary becomes a separate Word document).
- You can right click on the language (column title) in Expressions to change the formatting / sorting for that column.
- Has a send email feature (off of the Help menu) to communicate directly with Peter Sand (the designer) and me.
- Can run on the Mac OS with the help of CrossOver Mac by Code Weavers (www.codeweavers.com).
- You can import from / export to Word and Excel with the free OpenOffice (www.openoffice.org).